What are the requirements to start PoS? (Quark)
applies to Quark
updated August 3, 2019, 11:38 am
A Quark based coin must meet the following requirements to get synchronized and start proof of stake (PoS).
- 3 enabled masternodes with a unique external IP address.
Instructions to setup a masternode can be found in the following article:
- 4 wallets that remain online. (make sure that the standby settings of the machines are disabled)
- The 4 wallets require multiple incoming transactions.
- AutoMint must be enabled.
- Use only 1 wallet to mine during the PoW phase.
- The wallets and masternodes need to be aware of each other.
You can make the wallets and masternodes aware of each other by adding the IP addresses of the machines to the individual config files.
Instructions to add a node to a config file can be found in the following article:
It is advised to setup the 3 masternodes and send the multiple transactions to the 4 wallets as soon as you start mining.